About Me

Zhenghua Secondary
6 November 1994

Thursday, September 2

I've got this sudden urge to blog so here I am now. 11 minutes past midnight and I don't have the mood for sleeping. Just want to keep on typing and typing.
If you had followed my twitter updates religiously, you would have noticed that I had finished reading HP& the chambers of secrets! Woohoo! Right now, I'm reading HP& the prisoner of Askaban. Honestly speaking, I can't wait to read finish the whole HP series by November. Then I can watch the final chapter part 1 on screen.
Sometimes, I felt that it is sinful to read HP when I can use the time to read up on SS. ('O' levels, next month) but I realised that reading is also one way of improving my English. Therefore, I make it a point to read whenever and wherever I had the chance to.
I remember reading this on, um, a magazine or Internet. No, I think I heard it on the radio. The DJ said he went to visit his friend's house and he marvelled at his friend's quality marble floor, grandiose chandelier and the 45 inch plasma TV. But, something is missing. He realised that his friend's house doesn't have a bookshelf. At that instant, he felt that the house was like a tree without it's bark, a animal without its fur. It lacked something so insignificant yet so crucial.
A bookshelf gives the house a character and the books in the bookshelf defines the owner's personality and character.
My bookshelf housed several novel series:
- A series of Unfortunate Events
- Harry Potter
- Twilight
- Nicolas Sparks novel
- Percy Jackson
- Chicken Soup

These novels filled a portion of my childhood memories. They accompanied me whenever I felt bored or when I'm hungry for stories and words. In time to come, I will welcome even more great novels containing inspiring stories into my life. It is these little humble stories that shaped my personality. Thank you to all the authors. :)

I have written my fill. Going to bed. Good night.

No comments: