About Me

Zhenghua Secondary
6 November 1994

Monday, November 30

Everytime I was on the train waiting to reach my destination, I ruminate over a question.
Often this question came to be, whether hundred of dollars should be spent on apparels over the 2 month of holidays.

Stop and think.

Consider it to be a fashion statement that you need over the holidays where you'll be partying with your friends. Clothes- Yes, a material that you NEED. Who doesn't wear clothes when they went out. Alright, occasional spends on clothing are reasonable. But wait, spending hundred over dollars on a piece of cotton doesn't seem to be a wise decision.

It's branded, you might say. But isn't spending a amount of money which requires THREE WEEKS of your allowance a little overboard? I envy girls especially my girl-friends who can just hit on a pair of denim and hit the (Bugis) street. The avenge price for a blouse or dress would probably cost them $10. And if you manage to bargain sucessfully, you might even get it for $8. Cheap!

Yet for guys, it's another story. A normal tee would cost $20+ (mind you, it's brand-less). I admit. I only have prolly 15 clothes in my wardrobe Not counting the bemudas and jeans, of course. If it were, there's only 20 pieces of apparel in my wardrobe. Sad to say, 10 were bought when I'm primary 6 or secondary 1.

Alright, I wouldn't spend so much money on clothing BECAUSE holidays only lasted for 50+ days excluding the days where we (especially the sec 4s) would return to school for intensive remedial and CCA. Yes, you can buy clothes over the holidays. But do you wear them during school? I assume not.

What about weekends? Ha, don't argue with me using this point because studying takes over everything. That's for me, myself though. My 'O's are coming next year, I presume I wouldn't even hav time for fast foods. :(

Well, what you can invest is something you CAN bring to school. Shoes! Invest on a branded nice school shoes. (For me, it's Fred Perry)

OR, school bags! Everybody would oggle on the $200 Gucci bag you bought during a sale. Though Gucci bags are not designed to carry books. But just leave the damn school books under your desk will do. :)

You thought these two are the only essential branded stuff you can show-off to. But there's more!! Water bottles, pencil case, branded good pens and pencils (LOLgasm), socks (branded), watches. All must be branded lah. Why would you bother showing off your bugis street-bought black socks. Or showing off your reused soft drinks bottle?

Go buy your branded stuff now yeah? Bye!

No comments: